Amchi Lobsang's CV
2008 • Medicine Buddha Bedurya Le-rung Retreat Program by professor doctor Pasang Yonten Arya in Milano, Italy.
• Workshop Tibetan Medicine and National Conference Tibetan Medicine, Dharamsala, India.
• Medicine Buddha initiation and Tsok-puja, by Khen Rinpoche Acharya Geshe Lobsang Palden; abbot of the Sera Jey Monastery in South India.
2007 • Medicine Buddha Bedurya Le-rung Retreat Program by professor doctor Pasang Yonten Arya in Milano, Italy.
• Course Process of Dying and Terminal Care According to Buddhistic Perspective by Dagpo Lama Rinpoche.
• Conference Integrated Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen.
2006 Medicine Buddha Bedurya Le-rung Retreat Program by professor doctor Pasang Yonten Arya in Milano, Italy.
2005 Refresher course in Materia Medica and history of Tibetan Medicine by professor doctor Pasang Yonten Arya in Milano, Italy.
Awarded “Menrampa Chungwa” degree with 1st division after completing further training in the Traditional Tibetan Medical Science at “The Tibetan Medical and Astrological Institute” (TMAI) in Dharamsala, India, which is equivalent to the title of Medical Doctor (MD).
Received special training on Chinese Acupuncture.
Followed training in the department of G.I. Surgery at “All India Institute of Medical Sciences” in New Delhi, India, to acquire further knowledge of western medicine.
1987 Received the certificate “Menpa Kachupa” after completing Tibetan Medicine at “The Tibetan Medical and Astrological College” in Dharamsala, India.
Studied Tibetan Medicine at “The Tibetan Medical and Astrological College” in Dharamsala, India.
Followed private tuition of his father Jamyang Tashi Tsona, personal physician of H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama, on Tibetan Medicine and Pharmacology.
1981 Completed AISSCE (All India Senior Secondary Certificate of Education) from “ Tibetan Children’s Village” in Dharamsala, India.
2008 • Lecture Tibetan Medicine and the Rules and Regulations according to the
European Union during the National Conference Tibetan Medicine,
• Establishing a network group of medical practitioners.
2007 Establishing The Ladakh Project in North India: cultivation of rare plants which
are used in Tibetan Medicine.
2006 Organizing Bridge Between Western and Eastern Medicine: seminar about the
possibilities in cooperation between Western and Eastern Medicine. The aim of
the seminar was establishing a network group of medical practitioners.
2005 Organizing the excursion ‘Medicine Plants in the Himalaya’ in North India.
Guiding a group of 12 persons on a 20 days tour
Identification of medicine plants
2005 Participated in European Amchi Conference in Samye Ling Institute, Scotland
One of the founders of the European Association for Tibetan Medicine
2004 Participated in the conference “First Tibetan Sorig Medical Doctors Conference” in Dharamsala, India, with the aim of establishing “the Highlevel Commission for Traditional Tibetan Doctors” and instructing recent developments in traditional Tibetan medicine.
Opened private practice of traditional Tibetan Medicine in Ede, The Netherlands, with the following aims:
- to develop and promote the Tibetan Medicine in Holland in such a manner that the traditional Tibetan medicine contributes to the health and well-being of the people in Holland and abroad.
- to preserve and promote the unique tradition of Tibetan Medicine.
- to maintain an open mind and be willing to facilitate the exchange of knowledge between different health systems.
- to maintain and establish respect and harmonious relations between fellow practitioners.
1988-2003 Served as Tibetan amchi (doctor) at various departments of “The Tibetan Medical and Astrological Institute” (TMAI) in Dharamsala, India.
- Worked as a researcher at “Research and Development Department” in Dharamsala, India.
- Headed the branch clinic of TMAI at Mcleod Ganj in Dharamsala, India.
- Appointed as Special Technical Assistant to the Director of TMAI.
- Appointed as Member Secretary to the High Level Medical and Astrological Committee of TMAI.
1999-2002 Appointed as Tibetan amchi at the “Nederlandse Stichting ter bevordering van de Tibetaanse Geneeskunde” (NSTG) in Emst and Amsterdam, Holland.
Visited France, Norway and Germany to give medical consultations and lectures.
Awarded “Gold Medal” for meritorious contribution and achievement in the field of health and medical sciences by “International Institute of Health Sciences” in Kolkata, India.
Became a lecturer at SPSO (Stichting Psycho-Sociale Opleidingen) in Utrecht.
1998 - Edited and revised the fourth edition of Fundamentals of Tibetan Medicine, published by TMAI.
- Participated and presented a paper on The Concept and Philosophy of Tibetan Medicine during the conference “Continuing Medical Education” at Military Hospital in Yol, India.
- Awarded Certificate and was appointed as a medical counsellor from the department of Health, Central Tibetan Administration, in Dharamsala, India, after attending and completing the I, II, III and IV modules of training on “Treatment of Traumatised Refugees”.
Visited Norway and Denmark for lectures and medical consultations.
1996 - Started a pilot study and worked as an investigator on A Pilot Study on The Effect of Tibetan Medicine On Patients With Rheumatic Diseases, a co-operated project of The Free University of Amsterdam, NSTG and TMAI.
- Visited Holland for Medical consultations.
- Visited Heidelberg University in Germany to give lectures on Tibetan Medicine.
- Participated with a team of doctors and an astrologer for lectures, medical consultations and an exhibition in Japan.
- Participated and presented the paper Experience of Tibetan Medicine in the West during the “East and West Seminar on Tibetan Medicine” held at TMAI in Dharamsala, India.
- Visited Holland for a two day conference “Research on Tibetan Medicine”.
- Visited Germany and Switzerland to give lectures and medical consultations.
- Attended a workshop on Tibetan Medicine at “The Third World Congress of Medical Acupuncture and Natural Medicine” in Alberta, Canada.
1994 Visited Holland for medical consultations.
Visited Holland, Switzerland, Poland and France for medical consultations.
Assisted Dr. K.G. Ngarongshar, a senior doctor who later was appointed as personal of H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama, to Holland and Switzerland for medical consultations.
Assisted Dr. K.G. Ngarongshar to Holland for medical consultations.
– Presented the paper An Introduction to Tibetan Medicine at the 3rd “International Congress on Traditional Asian Medicine” in Mumbai, India.
- Assisted Dr. Lobsang Wangyal, personal physician to H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama, with lectures and medical consultations in Czechoslovakia, and had the opportunity of meeting Mr. V. Havel, President of Czechoslovakia, and Mr. S. Neuman, the Secretary General.
- Assisted Dr. Lobsang Wangyal with lectures and medical consultations in Sweden and Denmark.
1989 - Assisted Dr. Lobsang Wangyal to Norway and Sweden.
- Attended “The First International Conference on Holistic Health and Medicine” in Bangalore, India.
Assisted Dr. Dhadon, one of the eminent lady doctors, to England and Holland, by the organisations of The Tibet Foundation and NSTG.